Fung Ying Seen Koon is a Taoist temple complex located on a hillside in Fan Ling, New Territories, Hong Kong. It was established in 1929 and built in traditional Chinese Daoist architecture, featuring orange-tiled double roof and bright red pillars.
The name Fung Ying Seen Koon was taken from the two fairy islands of Fung Lai and Ying Chau, believed by many to be the dwelling place of immortals. The complex is comprised of several buildings containing various halls and pavilions.
Apart from its architecture, decorative details such as sculptures and impressive tile murals are dubbed as prime examples of Taoist design. The main hall, also called the Great Palace of the Three Sages, has a ceiling painted in blue to represent the Heavens.
In the Northern part of the complex there are 12 Ancestral halls and the crematorium. The walls of these halls are covered with black and white photos of ancestors which are regularly visited by their families. Another attraction is the Wall of Tao Te Ching, where 81 chapters of the famous work Tao Te Ching by the ancient Chinese philosopher Laozi are inscribed.
Just like many of temples in Hong Kong, there is a vegetarian restaurant serving healthy dishes to visitors.
Fung Ying Seen Koon is located at 66 Pak Wo Road, Fanling, New Territories of Hong Kong. It is a short distance from MTR Fanling Station. Take Exit B and walk for about five minutes.