Rosary Church is a Roman Catholic church located at 125 Chatham Road South, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Completed in 1905, it holds the distinction of being the very first Catholic church built in Kowloon. The building features classic Gothic style architecture with a cross-shaped floor plan based on a Roman Basilica model.
Construction of the church was initiated in 1903 by Dr. Antonio Simplicio Gomes, a Portuguese Catholic, who wished that a place of worship for Tsim Sha Tsui's growing Catholic community be built in the area. He donated $20,000 and wished that the church be built in loving memory of his parents and brother. Construction began in December 1904 and completed in May 1905.
Another wish of Dr. Gomes was to consecrate the church in honor of the Lady of Pompeii, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, hence, the church's name.
While many structures in Kowloon were damaged or destroyed during the Second World War, the Rosary Church remained untouched by the Japanese army and was continually used as a venue for religious services.
The church have since underwent numerous renovations and remains an active parish after over a century since it was built. It has been designated by the Monuments and Antiquities Board as a Class B heritage building which reflects its architectural uniqueness. Masses are celebrated daily.