Sha Tin Park, which was used to be called Sha Tin Central Park, is a public park located in 2 Yuen Wo Road in Sha Tin, Hong Kong. It sits on more than 19 hectares of land situated along the Shing Mun River. The park is near the New Town Plaza shopping mall, Sha Tin Town Hall and Tai Po Waterfront Park.
First opened to the public on August 1988, the park is managed by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department. It is open to the public from 6:30 am to 11:00 pm.
- Main Plaza
- Amphitheatre - a covered venue for performances and other events.
- South Gardens - a beautifully landscaped garden featuring a man-made pond complete with stone arch bridge and gazebo.
- Artists' Corner - an open area for the art exhibitions. Artists can display and sell their works during Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays. This area also features a a Wedding Garden.
- North Garden - another garden on the other side of the park. Also features a lily pond, stone arch bridge and gazebo.
- Walled Garden - a formal garden featuring colorful blooms, topiary, arbors and hedges.
- Verandah - a covered walkway.
- Azalea Garden - features an assortment of Azalea plantss.
- Scented Garden - features a variety of fragrant plants including Michelia figo and Osmanthus fragrans.
- Kiddie Playgrounds - Both the North and South gardens feature a children's' playgound.
- Refreshment Kiosks - where visitors can buy and eat light refreshments and snacks. There are tables, chairs and clover-shaped awnings to provide shade.
- Bike Kiosk - bikes can be rented and used to explore the park.
- Birds Conservation Area
Sha Tin Park Photos
How to get to Sha Tin Park:
The park is just a 7-minute walk from Sha Tin MTR Station.
81K, 81P, 83K, 83S, 85, 85K, 86, 86A, 86C, 86K, 86P 86S, 87A, 88K, 89, 89X,
248P, 263, 269D, 280P, 282, 283, 284, 299,A41, E42, 170
60K, 62K, 65A, 65K, 66K, 67K, 68K, 403, 403A, 481A, 803, 804, 810